NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the Food & Drug Administration 510(k) market clearance of the 30-inch MultiSync® MD301C4 medical diagnostic display for the displaying and viewing of digital images for diagnosis by trained physicians.
The 4-megapixel MD301C4 was created for medical imaging and Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) in hospitals, doctor offices, urgent care centers and other healthcare facilities. This medical-grade display includes patented technologies that make healthcare employees’ work more productive and accurate. It offers factory-adjusted DICOM calibration with self-monitoring brightness and, combined with the optional MDSVSENSOR2 color calibration sensor, the MD301C4 also supports standalone calibration and exact monitor matching, while enhancing calibration and white-point matching for outstanding DICOM GSDF conformance.
“The FDA certification for the MD301C4 is true evidence of NEC’s continued commitment to the medical industry,” said Art Marshall, Product Manager for Professional Desktop and Medical Displays at NEC Display Solutions. “The MD301C4 provides diagnostic professionals accurate imaging, productive features and exquisite screen performance, and with the backing of an FDA certification, it proves its reliability within healthcare facilities.”
A partial list of features in the MultiSync MD301C4 follows:
- 30-inch (29.8-inch VIS) widescreen P-IPS panel
- 350 cd/m² brightness (200 cd/m² calibrated) with automatic luminance control that ensures consistent brightness for the life of the display
- Digital Uniformity Correction, which reduces screen uniformity errors and compensates for differences in color/grayscale and luminance across the screen
- 14-bit 3D internal programmable lookup tables (LUTs), which enable precise calibration with finely detailed, high-definition renderings of color images and crisper display of even the most delicate shadings and color differences
- AmbiBright™ ambient light sensor automatically adjusts the display’s brightness based on lighting conditions
- Two DisplayPort inputs, 2 DVI-D inputs and 2 up/3 down USB hub with DisplaySync Pro™, which can function as a keyboard, video and mouse (KVM) switch
- Picture by Picture functionality
- Multi-directional controls, which allow for ease of use in either landscape or portrait modes
- XtraView+™ for the widest viewing angles with minimal off-angle color shift
- Medical certifications, including CE-MDD 93/42/EC, UL 60601-1 and FDA 510(k)
- Restriction on Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliant
The MD301C4 is available at an estimated street price of $3,499. The display ships with a 5 years parts and labor warranty with Advanced Overnight Exchange, which is one of the best warranties in the industry.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America monitors, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://necdisplay.com/digital-media-library.
VUKUNET, from NEC Display Solutions of America, is the engine that powers the digital out-of-home advertising business. VUKUNET is the only universal ad serving platform that drives ads to any digital out-of-home network, regardless of content management system. VUKUNET makes the buying, flighting and reporting of digital out-of-home ad campaigns easy. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com or call (877) 805-VUKU. For VUKUNET logos and digital images, please visit http://www.vukunet.com/pressresources.aspx.
Tech Image (for NEC Display Solutions)Philip Anast, (847) 279-0022, email@example.com