Mettler-Toledo (MTD) Presents Webinar on Safe Automated Weighing of Potent Compounds
8/16/2013 9:06:02 AM
Staying up-to-date has never been simpler. Sign up for the free GenePool newsletter today!
COLUMBUS, Ohio (August 15, 2013) – METTLER TOLEDO is pleased to present a complimentary
webinar on Safe Automated Weighing of Potent Compounds lead by Dr. Roy Helmy from Merck & Co.,
In the pharmaceutical industry, laboratories are increasingly
handling potent compounds; and the potency of the powders is
increasing. Consequently, safety is a high profile topic. Companies
have a legal requirement to minimize their personnel’s risk of
exposure by providing effective containment facilities and personal
protective equipment (PPE). Automated powder weighing delivers an
efficient combination of containment strategy and improved sample
handling techniques to support these requirements.
In this 45-minute webcast, Dr. Helmy explains how the use of
automated dosing, a HEPA-filtered VBE and good potent compound
handling techniques has eliminated the need to utilize an isolator to
precisely weigh small quantities of OEB 5 compounds for analytical
testing in his laboratory.
Key Learning Objectives
1. Discover how researchers can work in a laboratory environment with OEB 5 compounds without
the need for an isolator
2. Understand how automated weighing of potent compounds can increase the safety of researchers
while delivering accurate and reproducible weighing
3. Learn how automated weighing of potent compounds can be 20 times faster than the manual
Who Should Attend?
- Safety Managers and Consultants
- Laboratory Managers, Laboratory Supervisors, and Production Managers
- Analytical Laboratory Managers, Directors, and Department Heads
- QA/QC Managers, Directors, and Department Heads
- Compliance Managers, Regulatory Affairs Managers
Registration and Information
This webinar will be presented on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 11:00AM EST. Registration is free
and participants can register at www.mt.com/labtec-safety-webinar.
About METTLER TOLEDO
METTLER TOLEDO is a leading global manufacturer of precision instruments. The Company is the
world’s largest manufacturer and marketer of weighing instruments for use in laboratory, industrial
and food retailing applications. The Company also holds top-three market positions in several related
analytical instruments markets and is a leading provider of automated chemistry systems used in drug
and chemical compound discovery and development.
Additional information about METTLER TOLEDO can be found at www.mt.com/lab.
Help employers find you! Check out all the jobs and post your resume.
comments powered by