COLUMBUS, Ohio (April 23, 2013) – METTLER TOLEDO is pleased to present a complimentary
webinar on how to minimize out-of-specification (OOS) errors using a risk-based gravimetric approach.
OOS errors are a major concern within analytical and QA/QC laboratories in
the pharmaceutical industry because of the time and resources to investigate
the source of the problem. Fifty percent of OOS errors can be attributed to
either sample-preparation steps or operator error. Confidence in analytical
results begins with accurate weighing because errors in the first step will
have a carryover effect. Determining the risk within a process, respecting
the minimum weight, and applying the appropriate safety factor during the
weighing step can address most of the weighing errors. Error-prone manual
steps, undertaken during preparation of a specific concentration of solution,
especially those involving volumetric glassware, can easily be replaced by
the more accurate gravimetric equivalent. In addition, automation has the
potential to eliminate user variability.
This 60-minute webinar will explain how to use an automated gravimetric
approach to improve sample-preparation workflows by offering insight from leading industry experts,
including Dr. Charles Ray, former Associate Director of Analytical R&D at Bristol-Myers Squibb, who will
share his practical experience in managing analytical workflows.
Key Learning Objectives
1. Learn how to identify and address the potential errors in manual weighing and sample preparation
steps in order to avoid out-of-specification results
2. Understand how to use a risk-based approach to have confidence in your weighing results
3. Discover how automated gravimetric methods reduce the variability and number of steps in the
sample preparation process, as well as providing up to 90% substance savings.
Who Should Attend?
• QA/QC Managers, Directors and Department Heads and Quality Consultants
• Analytical Laboratory Managers, Directors and Department Heads
• Compliance Managers, Regulatory Affairs, Global Metrology Managers
• GMP and CMC Consultants, GLP Auditors and Consultants
• Laboratory Managers and Supervisors, Production Managers
Registration and Information
This webinar will be presented on Wednesday, May 22 at 11:00AM EST. Registration is free and
participants can register at www.mt.com/Lab-minimize-OOS.
About METTLER TOLEDO
METTLER TOLEDO is a leading global manufacturer of precision instruments. The Company is the
world’s largest manufacturer and marketer of weighing instruments for use in laboratory, industrial
and food retailing applications. The Company also holds top-three market positions in several related
analytical instruments markets and is a leading provider of automated chemistry systems used in drug
and chemical compound discovery and development.
Additional information about METTLER TOLEDO can be found at www.mt.com/lab.