News by Subject
News by Disease
News by Date
Post Your News
Job Seeker Login
Most Recent Jobs
Browse Biotech Jobs
US & Canada
Post an Event
News | News By Subject | News by Disease |
News By Date | Search News
Linguamatics Ltd Announces I2E 3.1: Powering Knowledge Discovery from Text to Insight
10/16/2009 11:41:10 AM
(15 October 2009, Cambridge, UK) -- Linguamatics, a leader in enterprise text mining for the life science and other markets, today announced the availability of I2E 3.1 for unlocking value from the wealth of unstructured text resources available to pharmaceutical companies. I2E is a high performance natural language processing (NLP)-based text mining platform that streamlines knowledge discovery from text. The new version provides benefits including easy-to-use querying for new users, enhanced integration with enterprise software and text-based resources, out-of-the-box query libraries, and even faster delivery of high quality results.
I2E 3.1 supports efficient real-time enterprise knowledge discovery. A wide spectrum of users can now mine content from more sources and in more formats, including directories and SharePoint folders with mixed document types. I2E 3.1 also provides intelligent answers for an increasing range of domains from R&D to business applications. Support for tailored query deployment for different applications ensures that decision makers have direct and timely access to relevant insights.
“The advances we’ve made with I2E 3.1 reflect the transition we’re seeing in our customer base as text mining moves from a niche application to a core competency,” said David Milward, CTO and Co-founder of Linguamatics. “Increasing numbers of users need the ability to mine text resources to support key project and business decisions – I2E 3.1 can unlock this value enterprise-wide.”
Key enhancements in I2E 3.1 include:
• Support for enterprise deployment to a wide range of users with high performance querying, query publication via web services and portals, provision of query libraries and integration with collaboration tools.
• State-of-the-art NLP-based querying of a greater choice of document types including XML, HTML, plain text, Microsoft Word (doc and docx), PowerPoint (pptx) and PDF. I2E 3.1 also provides automatic updating of MEDLINE data.
• The new I2E Chemistry option with substructure and structure similarity search powered by ChemAxon for enhanced chemical text mining.
• Powerful results reporting, with results previews, enhanced document rendering with hits in context and the new Results Curator for review, analysis and annotation of results. Flexible hyperlinking from extracted entities to web resources such as gene identifiers, glossaries of biomedical terms, and chemical structure visualization provide further scope for exploring results.
I2E is deployed at most top-10 pharmaceutical companies. For more information on I2E 3.1, visit http://www.linguamatics.com/welcome/software/I2E_3_1.html and join our webinar “Powering Knowledge Discovery with I2E 3.1” on October 22 at 4pm UK/11am EDT.
Linguamatics helps organizations to maximize the value derived from information resources through effective deployment of innovative natural language processing (NLP) based technology. The versatile interactive information extraction system, I2E, helps organizations to do much more than simply cope with vast quantities of information. Its unique combination of search and text mining enables organizations to turn this information into a competitive advantage. From life sciences and healthcare to business intelligence, from media analysis to security, users mine large collections of documents, extracting relevant facts, relationships and quantitative data from content such as scientific papers, news feeds, patents, or internal reports. Linguamatics has a rapidly growing user community with I2E deployed at most top-10 pharma companies. The company was founded in 2001, and is based in Cambridge, UK.
Linguamatics' flagship I2E technology combines four key capabilities to enable users to rapidly extract relevant facts and relationships from large document collections:
• Natural language processing (NLP): using linguistics to quickly interpret the meaning of unstructured text sources.
• Search engine approach: where users can define and refine ad hoc queries interactively, returning results in real time.
• Intuitive reporting: presenting extracted information with drill-down to supporting evidence.
• Domain knowledge plug-in: providing enhanced semantic search capabilities using domain knowledge such as taxonomies, thesauri and ontologies.
I2E features a client-server architecture built using industry-standard Java and C for use by single users, project teams, and in enterprise-wide deployments. Organizations have full control over source content to be mined, definition of queries and results output.
For information on Linguamatics products and solutions, visit www.linguamatics.com.
The Linguamatics logo is a trademark of Linguamatics Ltd. All rights reserved. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners.