LUND, SWEDEN--(Marketwire - December 12, 2012) - Active Biotech's (NASDAQ OMX NORDIC: ACTI)
partner Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. hosted yesterday, December
11, 2012, an investor meeting. Teva has a license to develop and
Active Biotech's molecule laquinimod.
Laquinimod highlights from the meeting:
· Laquinimod stands to fulfill an unmet treatment need, both as
potentially in combination with other treatments.
· The clinical development program of laquinimod is ongoing. Teva
actively assess the best options for the next phase of clinical
Several clinical trials may be initiated as early as 2013:
- A third Phase III clinical trial of laquinimod in relapsing-remitting
sclerosis (RRMS) (CONCERTO).
- Phase III clinical trial of laquinimod in progressive MS.
- Phase II clinical trial of laquinimod in Huntington's disease.
- Phase II clinical trial of laquinimod in combination with COPAXONE for
- Clinical trials of laquinimod in combination with other MS treatments.
- Clinical trials of laquinimod for the treatment of additional
For further information please see www.tevapharm.com.
Active Biotech AB (publ)
President & CEO
Active Biotech AB (NASDAQ OMX NORDIC: ACTI) is a biotechnology company with
focus on autoimmune/inflammatory diseases and cancer. Projects in or
pivotal phase are laquinimod, an orally administered small molecule with
immunomodulatory properties for the treatment of multiple sclerosis, TASQ
prostate cancer as well as ANYARA for use in cancer targeted therapy,
of renal cell cancer. In addition, laquinimod is in Phase II development
Crohn's and Lupus. An additional project in clinical development is the
administered compound 57-57 for Systemic Sclerosis. Please visit
www.activebiotech.com for more information.
Active Biotech AB (Corp. Reg. No. 556223-9227)
Box 724, SE-220 07 Lund
Tel: +46 46 19 20 00
Fax: +46 46 19 11 00
Active Biotech is obligated to publish the information contained in this
release in accordance with the Swedish Securities Market Act. This
was provided to the media for publication 8:30 a.m. CET on December 12,
Laquinimod highlights from Teva Investor Day December 11:
This announcement is distributed by Thomson Reuters on behalf of
Thomson Reuters clients. The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and
other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and
originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Active Biotech via Thomson Reuters ONE