MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Nov. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- IRIDEX Corporation (Nasdaq:IRIX) today announced that it would introduce four new products at the annual meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology to be held November 16-19 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans. There will also be several presentations featuring IRIDEX products and its proprietary MicroPulse laser for retinal and glaucoma treatments.
The products include:
- A new version of the TxCell Pattern Scanning Laser Delivery System. The new iteration of the high-speed delivery device is compatible with the largest market of physician-owned slit lamps.
- A new IRIDEX MicroPulse Laser Trabeculoplasty (MLT) lens manufactured by Ocular Instruments. The new product, distributed exclusively through IRIDEX, is designed to increase efficiency and precision of MLT for the treatment of glaucoma.
- A portfolio of single-use 27-gauge laser probes, Peregrine Surgical-branded, that are compatible with the growing number of 27-gauge vitrectomy systems used in retina surgery.
- A GreenTip Membrane Scraper, available in 23 & 25 gauges, offering a single-use surgical device intended for specialized retinal surgery. The new device is designed to maximize visualization against the retina and is a derivative of the proprietary GreenTip product family.
"These are each significant new products that represent what we see as important niches and opportunities in the ophthalmology marketplace," said Will Moore, IRIDEX President and CEO. "Furthermore, they are prime examples of our ability to identify growing needs in the marketplace and quickly design and launch consumable products to meet those needs."
To schedule a demonstration of IRIDEX products in advance, click on the following link: http://www.iridex.com/Contact/ScheduleADemo.aspx.
IRIDEX also announced the growing number of new speakers to its podium regarding its proprietary MicroPulse solutions for physicians challenged with a growing number of patients suffering from glaucoma and retinal diseases. Select presentations from this year's program include the following:
- MicroPulse Laser in the Forefront of Macular Disease Treatment (in Portuguese), presented by Alessandro Dare, M.D., Ph.D., head of Retina Department of Hospital Olhos do Interior Paulista, Sao Paulo, Brazil; and Renato Peroni, M.D., Retina Department, Ophthalmology, Santa Casa de Jau, Sao Paulo; Hospital de Ohlos de Araraquara, Araraquara, Sao Paulo, Ophthalmology Department University of Sao Paulo; 10 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 17.
- Laser-Assisted, Non-Incisional Glaucoma Therapy Benefits of Versatile Laser Systems for TSCPC & MLT Procedures in the MIGS World, presented by Iqbal (Ike) Ahmed, MD, FRCSC, Assistant Professor and Research Fellowship Director, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Toronto; and Nathan M. Radcliffe, M.D., Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York-Presbyterian Hospital; 1 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 17.
- MicroPulse Laser Therapy for the Comprehensive Ophthalmologist: From the Anterior to the Posterior Segment, presented by David Gossage, D.O., FAOCO, FAAO, Medical Director, Gossage Eye Institute, Hillsdale, MI; 1 p.m. Saturday Nov. 16.
For a complete program of speakers, go to http://www.iridex.com/speakersforum. The IRIDEX booth at the conference will be located in Hall E, Booth #1135.
IRIDEX Corporation was founded in 1989 and is a worldwide leader in developing, manufacturing, and marketing innovative and versatile laser-based medical systems, delivery devices and consumable instrumentation for the ophthalmology market. We maintain a deep commitment to the success of our customers, with comprehensive technical, clinical, and service support programs. IRIDEX is dedicated to a standard of excellence, offering superior technology for superior results. IRIDEX products are sold in the United States through a direct sales force and internationally through a combination of a direct sales force and a network of approximately 70 independent distributors into over 100 countries. For further information, visit the IRIDEX website at http://www.iridex.com/.
Safe Harbor Statement
This announcement contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Act of 1934, as amended, relating to the Company's anticipated product releases and the markets for the Company's products. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and actual results may differ materially from those described in these forward-looking statements as a result of a number of factors. Please see a detailed description of these and other risks contained in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2012, and our Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarters ended March 30, 2013, June 29, 2013, and September 28, 2013, each of which was filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Forward-looking statements contained in this announcement are made as of this date and will not be updated.
SOURCE IRIDEX Corporation