CHICAGO, Feb. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Zoledronic acid (sold by Novartis as Zometa, Aclasta, and Reclast) is used to treat Osteoporosis, Tumor Metastasis, and Paget's Disease with sales of $2 billion a year.(1) It is associated with side effects such as post-dose syndrome and osteonecrosis of the jaw. A new patented method from Dr. Ketan Desai enables the administration of Zoledronic acid in combination with another drug that relieves the side effects.
This patented method will be auctioned off at ICAP Ocean Tomo's Spring 2011 Live IP Auction on March 31, 2011 in New York City.
Key Characteristics of Method
The patents disclose the following:
- Method enables administration of zoledronic acid in a novel combination.
- Method results in decreased side effects.
- Can be administered though different methods: oral supply, inhalation, muscle injection, or veindrip.
These patents may be of interest in the following areas:
- The global market for pain management pharmaceuticals and devices amounted to $19.1 billion in 2008 and is expect to reach $32.8 billion in 2013.(2)
- These patents would be of interest to: pharmaceutical companies, drug manufacturers, healthcare service providers, and biomedical research.
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Dean Becker of ICAP Ocean Tomo at Dean.Becker@us.icap.com
About ICAP Ocean Tomo LLC
ICAP Ocean Tomo is the intellectual property brokerage division of ICAP and the world's premier patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world's premier interdealer broker and provider of post trade services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, foreign exchange, emerging markets, equities and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. ICAP plc was added to the FTSE 100 Index on 30 June 2006. For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Ocean Tomo