Healthcare and Life Sciences Executives to Discuss Innovative Solutions for Improving Treatment, Care and Patient Outcomes at Oracle (ORCL) OpenWorld 2011
9/30/2011 9:47:36 AM
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - September 30, 2011) -
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL
- Healthcare and life sciences industry executives from around the world will gather at the upcoming Oracle OpenWorld conference, October 2-6, 2011, at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, to share perspectives on rapidly shifting markets and highlight new ways to use Oracle solutions to improve care and outcomes and overcome business challenges. There will also be sessions on critical topics such as connected health and enterprise analytics.
- With nearly 50 sessions dedicated to healthcare and life sciences, attendees will have a wide range of options to learn from industry leaders, such as executives from America's Health Insurance Plans, Anthem Healthcare Intelligence, Cognizant, Eli Lily and Company, McKesson UK, Merck Serono and more.
- Neil de Crescenzo, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Health Sciences, will outline Oracle's vision for supporting the increased collaboration, data sharing and analysis among providers, payers, academia and government that will be required to accelerate the pace of innovation and improve patient care. This session will take place on Monday, October 3, 2011, at 12:30 p.m. PT at the Westin Market Street, 50 Third Street, San Francisco and is sponsored by HCL.
- A general session address, "Healthcare That Works," will feature industry luminaries who will discuss strategies in use today that are helping to reduce the cost of effective healthcare. This industry roundtable will be hosted by Marc Perlman, global vice president of healthcare and life sciences, Oracle Healthcare, at 3:30 p.m. PT on Monday, October 3, 2011. Participants in the discussion include Karen Ignagni, President and CEO, America's Insurance Plans; Lord Patrick Carter, Chairman, McKesson UK; and John Bigalke, Vice Chairman and National Industry Leader for Health Sciences & Government, Deloitte LLP. This session will take place at the Westin Market Street, 50 Third Street, San Francisco.
- Addressing the critical role that public policy developments play in the delivery of healthcare, Harry Greenspun, M.D., Senior Advisor, Health Care Transformation and Technology, Deloitte Center for Health Solutions, and Aranthan Jones, Principal, Podesta Group, will join Joel Hinzman, Senior Director, Federal Affairs, Oracle, to detail how reform is shaping healthcare in the United States and provide a look at what stakeholders can expect in the future. This session will take place at 2:00 p.m. PT at the Westin Market Street, 50 Third Street, San Francisco.
- To learn more about the healthcare and life sciences program tracks at Oracle OpenWorld 2011, or to register for the event, log on to the Oracle OpenWorld home page: http://www.oracle.com/openworld/index.html.
Oracle is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco, the information technology event dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming technology breakthroughs, draws more than 45,000 attendees from 117 countries. Oracle OpenWorld 2011 offers more than 2000 educational sessions, 400 product demos, exhibitions from 450 partners showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management and infrastructure -- all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2011 is being held October 2-6 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco. For more information or to register please visit www.oracle.com/openworld. Watch Oracle OpenWorld live on YouTube for keynotes, sessions and more at www.youtube.com/oracle.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
comments powered by