BRAINTREE, Mass., Oct. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- AABB Annual Meeting & CTTXPO 2012 -- Haemonetics Corporation (NYSE: HAE) today announced that the company will feature, for the first time, its expanded portfolio of products, software and services designed to streamline and automate the blood management lifecycle, from the arm of the donor to the arm of the recipient, in booths #1021 and #1031 at the AABB Annual Meeting & CTTXPO 2012. These solutions, including the recently acquired blood collection, filtration and processing product lines of Pall Corporation, offer a tremendous value to customers and strengthens Haemonetics' overall position as the global leader for end-to-end blood management. The AABB Annual Meeting & CTTXPO 2012 takes place October 6-9, 2012, at the Boston Convention Center in Boston, Mass.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120206/NE47232LOGO )
In an industry marked by consolidation, Haemonetics stands apart as an example of how a focus on both organic growth and strategic acquisition investment drives market leadership. Most recently, Haemonetics completed the acquisition of the business assets of the blood collection, filtration and processing product lines of Pall Corporation. The move enhances the company's ability to deliver a complete range of blood management solutions and accelerates Haemonetics' entry into the $1.2 billion whole blood market. For customers, this means "one-stop shopping" for both whole blood and apheresis products, which in turn help blood collection centers and hospitals achieve greater efficiency in services and reduction in cost. Haemonetics' quality filtration, new storage solutions and unique Acrodose Platelet system also help ensure collection of the highest quality blood components.
"AABB is the industry's largest blood banking event and draws thought leaders from around the world. With the show in Boston our hometown this year, the event takes on special significance for Haemonetics," said Brian Concannon, President and CEO of Haemonetics. "AABB is the first time that our new, expanded product portfolio for both aphaeresis and whole blood will be on display, giving our team a unique opportunity to demonstrate our 'arm-to-arm' capabilities to customers in a way that truly differentiates Haemonetics from our competitors. This has been a year of strategic importance for our business and we look forward to showcasing and celebrating our industry-leading products and the value they bring with AABB attendees."
Haemonetics will feature its suite of solutions in groupings that highlight how they can be utilized to connect blood centers to hospitals and achieve true "arm-to-arm" supply chain management. Products will include those designed to support blood management in both blood centers and hospitals:
- Solutions for Blood Center Blood Management:
- Collection: Haemonetics is focused on working with customers to develop an Optimal Collection Strategy that is unique for each center. Solution highlights include the MCS®+ 8150 multicomponent collection system, the Gold Standard in double red cell collection, and Leukotrap® RC System with RC2D Filter, a universal in-line red cell collection and processing system.
- Online Donor Recruitment and Blood Drive Scheduling: highlights include the company's eDonor® and Hemasphere® software platforms that include real-time tools for drive and staff scheduling, browser-based access to critical recruitment data, a Web-based donor relationship management system and customized communication and loyalty programs.
- Donor Floor Automation and Online Health History: highlights include Donor Doc® and Donor Doc Phlebotomy software that enable paperless collection and management of donor and draw information, streamline workflow to promote adherence to standard operating procedures (SOPs), help improve traceability, increase safety and automate collection of donor history information with resultant cost savings.
- Blood Center System of Record and On-Line Blood Ordering: highlights include the ElDorado Donor® and eOrder® software that help blood centers improve blood collection process efficiency, maintain compliance, manage blood collection, and increase control over and visibility into inventory.
- Solutions for Hospital Blood Management:
- IMPACT® Online, a portal that enables unparalleled access to patient blood management data.
- SafeTrace Tx® and BloodTrack® Manager, advanced transfusion and remote inventory management software solutions that help provide safety, traceability and compliance, increase efficiency and reduce product waste, and -- when combined with the BloodTrack system -- extend the walls of the hospital's blood bank to the point-of-care.
- TEG® Analyzer, a diagnostic tool that provides comprehensive whole blood hemostasis testing to help assess bleeding and thrombotic risks and monitor fibrinogen and anti-thrombotic therapies.
- Cell Saver® Elite®, an automated auto-transfusion device to avoid allogeneic transfusions.
In addition, key personnel at Haemonetics will deliver presentations and co-sponsor educational sessions at AABB covering the following topics:
- "Blood Transfusion and Length of Stay: How are They Related?"
- "Age of Blood Transfused in the United States: Data for 166,208 Transfusions"
- "Variability in Transfusion Practice Beyond Cardiac Surgery"
Haemonetics (NYSE: HAE) is a global healthcare company dedicated to providing innovative blood management solutions for our customers. Together, our devices and consumables, information technology platforms, and consulting services deliver a suite of business solutions to help our customers improve clinical outcomes and reduce the cost of healthcare for blood collectors, hospitals, and patients around the world. Our technologies address important medical markets: blood and plasma component collection, the surgical suite, and hospital transfusion services. To learn more about Haemonetics, visit our website at http://www.haemonetics.com.
Tel. (781) 356-9402
Alt. (781) 356-9613
Marisa Borgasano or Helen Shik
Schwartz MSL for Haemonetics
Tel. (781) 684-0770
SOURCE Haemonetics Corporation