SHENZHEN, China, Aug. 12, 2011 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- Global Pharm Holdings Group, Inc. (OTCBB: GPHG) ("Global Pharm" or the "Company"), a China-based growing vertically integrated pharmaceutical company engaged in pharmaceutical-related products distribution, and Traditional Chinese Medicine ("TCM") herbs cultivation and processing business through its subsidiaries in Anhui, Jilin and Shandong provinces, today announced its unaudited financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2011.
Second Quarter 2011 Highlights
- Net revenues were $45.4 million, an increase of 48.7% over the second quarter of 2010
- Gross profit was $7.4 million, an increase of 33.2% over the second quarter of 2010, with gross margin of 16.3%
- Operating income was $5.5 million, an increase of 55.4% over the second quarter of 2010
- Net income was $3.9 million, or $0.15 per diluted share, an increase of 72.6%, as compared to $2.3 million, or $0.12 per diluted share, for the same period in 2010
- In April 2011, Global Pharm established two TCM herbal plantation companies located in Jinan city of Shandong province, and Bozhou city of Anhui province
- In May 2011, the company successfully acquired two city-level pharmaceutical distributors in the cities of Zibo and Tai'an of Shandong province
"We are pleased that Global Pharm had a strong operating performance during the second quarter of 2011, delivering solid operating results, expanding our higher margin TCM herbal cultivation business and strengthening our sales coverage in Shandong province through acquisitions of two city-level distributors. A significant synergy is emerging through the integrated value chain extending to our business units. We will stick to the selective acquisition strategy to enhance our local market leadership by expanding our market coverage and enlarging our sales channels," commented Mr. Yunlu Yin, Chief Executive Officer of Global Pharm.
Second Quarter 2011 Financial Summaries (unaudited)
Three months ended June 30
(in millions $, except per-share data in $)
Income from operation
Income before income taxes
Total comprehensive income
Basic and diluted earnings per share
Total net revenue was $45.4 million for the three months ended June 30, 2011, an increase of 48.7% compared with the same period in 2010. The increase in revenue largely reflects strong sales of the Company's pharmaceutical products distribution segment, which contributed $39.7 million or 87.6% of the Company's total sales in the quarter, compared with $24.3 million or 79.7% of the total revenue in the corresponding quarter in 2010.