FLORHAM PARK, NJ – NOV 29, 2012 -- Defined Health is pleased to announce the addition of the panel, “Cancer Stem Cells: Getting Past the Controversies – Academic and Industry Perspectives on Key Targets & Development Paths” to the 24th annual Cancer Progress conference. Cancer Progress 2013 will be held on March 5th-6th, 2013 at The Conrad, New York. This unprecedented panel will feature the following scientific and clinical opinion leaders, biopharma executives and industry veterans.
• George Q. Daley, MD, PhD, Samuel E. Lux, IV Professor of Hematology, Director, Stem Cell Transplantation Program, HHMI/Children’s Hospital Boston, Professor of Biological Chemistry/Molecular Pharmacology and of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Stem Cell Institute, Manton Center for Orphan Disease Research
• Christoph Westphal, MD, PhD, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Verastem, Inc.
• Jeremy Goldberg, President, JPG Healthcare LLC
• Takashi Owa, PhD, Vice President & Chief Innovation Officer, Eisai
Cancer Progress has an outstanding reputation as the premier annual oncology conference that affords a unique dialogue among experts in the cancer field. Scientific and clinical opinion leaders and industry executives offer valuable insights and candid assessments of key issues impacting oncology research, development and commercialization. See the full program at: http://www.cancerprogressbydh.com/
• Sir Michael Rawlins, MD, NICE
• Giulio Draetta, PhD, MD, MD Anderson Cancer Center
• James L. Abbruzzese, MD, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
• Omar Abdel-Wahab, MD, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
• Sol J. Barer, PhD, SJ Barer Consulting
• J. Carl Barrett, PhD, AstraZeneca
• Stephen B. Baylin, MD, The Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine
• Donald Bergstrom, MD, PhD, Sanofi
• Neil Berinstein, MD, Sunnybrook Research Institute
• Scott Biller, PhD, Agios Pharmaceuticals
• Jeff Bockman, PhD, Defined Health
• Pamela Carroll, PhD, Roche Pharma Research and Early Development
• George Q. Daley, MD, PhD, HHMI/Children’s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School
• Frank Diehl, PhD, Inostics GmbH
• Keith E. Dionne, PhD, Constellation Pharmaceuticals
• Kirsten Drejer, PhD, Symphogen A/S
• Brian J. Druker, MD, OHSU Knight Cancer Institute
• Hans-Peter Gerber, PhD, Pfizer
• Brad Gray, NanoString
• Jeremy Goldberg, JPG Healthcare LLC
• Robert J. Gould, PhD, Epizyme, Inc.
• Bill Grossman MD, PhD, Biothera
• Charles Hart, PhD, Threshold Pharmaceuticals
• John Haurum, MD, F-Star
• Eric Hedrick, MD, Epizyme, Inc.
• Steve Heller, Jannsen, Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson
• Paul Higham, Immatics Biotechnologies GmbH
• Colin Hill, GNS Healthcare
• Axel Hoos, MD, GlaxoSmithKline
• Usman Iqbal, MD, Sanofi
• Gary Kelloff, MD, National Cancer Institute
• John M. Lambert, Ph.D, ImmunoGen, Inc.
• Patrick J. Mahaffy, Clovis Oncology
• Tak Mak, PhD, Ontario Cancer Institute; University of Toronto
• James S.J. Manuso, PhD, Astex Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
• Michael Morrissey, PhD, Exelixis, Inc.
• Perry Nisen, MD, PhD, GlaxoSmithKline
• Takashi Owa, PhD, Eisai
• Michael J. Pellini, MD, Foundation Medicine, Inc.
• Greg Plowman, MD, PhD ImClone Systems
• Chandra Ramanathan, PhD, Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals
• Mike Rice, Defined Health
• Nicholas J. Sarlis, MD, PhD, Incyte Corporation
• Michael B. Sporn, MD, Sporn Laboratory at Dartmouth Medical School
• Chris H. Takimoko, MD, PhD, Janssen, Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson and Johnson
• Margaret A. Tempero, MD, UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
• David Tuveson, MD, PhD, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
• Christoph Westphal, MD, PhD, Verastem, Inc.
• Christian Zahnd, PhD, Molecular Partners AG
• Sara Zaknoen, MD, Polynoma, LLC
About Defined Health
Founded more than 25 years ago, Defined Health (http://www.definedhealth.com/) is a leading biopharmaceutical business development strategy consulting firm whose clients include large and mid-sized pharma, large cap and emerging biotech and specialty pharmaceutical companies. Defined Health's consultants hold advanced degrees in science, medicine and business, and have industry experience in business development, commercial evaluation, finance, licensing, drug discovery and R&D.
Oncology is one of Defined Health’s most active areas of research. “Defined Health is pleased to bring to bear our rich knowledge of the cancer space to host this outstanding conference. It is a great honor and very exciting to work with the academic and industry advisors who have admirably contributed to the program over the course of its history,” remarks Jeff Bockman, PhD, who heads up Defined Health’s cancer practice.
For more information and to register: http://www.cancerprogressbydh.com/ / http://www.definedhealth.com/