WEST POINT, Pa., Oct. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Colorcon, Inc. (www.colorcon.com) today announced the introduction of two new coating systems, Opadry® CA and Opamix. Opadry® CA, a fully formulated osmotic coating system, is the first, one-step, semi-permeable membrane designed to ensure consistent release from osmotic pump tablets. Opamix, is a pre-formulated additive blend developed in collaboration with the BASF Corporationfor use with Kollicoat Smartseal 30 D to effectively mask unpleasant tastes which can be applied to a variety of solid forms including tablets, granules or smaller particles.
Further information about these new coating systems will be highlighted at the following meetings:
- CPhI Worldwide, Madrid, October 9-11, Excipient Pavilion, Stand #9D17
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists' (AAPS) Annual Meeting and Exposition, Chicago, October 14-18, Booth #1419
"Colorcon is excited to expand its scientifically validated pharmaceutical formulation coating system offerings and to continue its leadership role in bringing technological advancements to pharmaceutical manufacturers worldwide," said Kamlesh Oza, General Manager, Film Coatings, Colorcon, Inc.
Additionally, eight posters supporting Opadry® CA and Opamix along with other Colorcon technologies and related applications, will be presented at AAPS. Abstracts can be found online at http://abstracts.aapspharmaceutica.com/aaps2012/Itinerary/login.asp
Poster presentations include:
- Evaluation of Drug Release from Acetaminophen Granules Coated with Kollicoat® Smartseal 30D
C. Cunningham, C. Neely, T. Farrell & A. Rajabi-Siahboomi
Poster Number: W4092 Presentation Time: Wednesday, October 17 (9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.)
- Stability Studies of a PEG-free, PVA-based Film Coating System
J. Teckoe, A. Labriola, J. Hansell, T. Farrell & A. Rajabi-Siahboomi
Poster Number: W4127 Presentation Time: Wednesday, October 17 (9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.)
- Use of a Quality-by-Design Approach to Optimize Coating Process Parameters for Opadry® 200
J. Teckoe, T. Mascaro, T. Farrell & A. Rajabi-Siahboomi
Poster Number: W4128 Presentation Time: Wednesday, October 17 (9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.)
- Applications of Opadry® CA, a Cellulose Acetate-Based Coating System for Osmotic Pump Tablets
H. Deng, L. Martin, S. Missaghi, T. Farrell & A. Rajabi-Siahboomi
Poster Number: W5017 Presentation Time: Wednesday, October 17 (1:30 - 4:30 p.m.)
- Stability of Ethylcellulose Barrier Membrane Coated Hydrochlorothiazide Matrices Comprising Starch 1500® or Lactose as Filler
R. Mehta, S. Missaghi, T. Farrell & A. Rajabi-Siahboomi
Poster Number: W5019 Presentation Time: Wednesday, October 17 (1:30 - 4:30 p.m.)
- Evaluation of Suitability of Push-Pull Osmotic Pump Systems for Drugs with Different Solubilities and Doses
P. Patel, S. Missaghi, T. Farrell & Ali R. Rajabi-Siahboomi
Poster Number: W5020 Presentation Time: Wednesday, October 17 (1:30 - 4:30 p.m.)
- Investigation of Critical Process Parameters for Coating Push-Pull Osmotic Pump Tablets with Opadry® CA
L. Martin, H. Deng, S. Missaghi, T. Farrell & A. R. Rajabi-Siahboomi
Poster Number: R6214 Presentation Time: Thursday, October 18 (8:30 - 11:30 a.m.)
- Critical Material Attributes of METHOCEL K15M CR in Extended Release Propranolol HCl Hydrophilic Matrix Tablets
H. Deng, B. Prusak, L. Martin, S. Vass, S. Missaghi, T. Farrell & A. Rajabi-Siahboomi
Poster Number: R6215 Presentation Time: Thursday, October 18 (8:30 - 11:30 a.m.)
Colorcon is a world leader in the development, supply and support of formulated products for the pharmaceutical and nutritional industries. Its core businesses include film coatings, modified release technologies, functional excipients and tablet design services. Colorcon has 18 technical service laboratories globally and more than 1,200 employees exclusively dedicated to its customer base. For additional information, visit http://www.colorcon.com.
SOURCE Colorcon, Inc.