News | News By Subject | News by Disease News By Date | Search News
Get Our FREE
Industry eNewsletter

China BioPharma Ltd. Completes Funding To Its Joint Venture Subsidiary

1/16/2007 2:54:13 PM

PRINCETON, N.J., Jan. 16 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- China Biopharma, Inc. , a biopharmaceutical company, announced today that it has completed its capital investment to Zhejiang Tianyuan Biotech Co., Ltd. ("ZT Biotech"). China Biopharma owns 65% of the joint venture and its partner, Zhejiang Tianyuan Bio-Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., owns the remaining 35%. In June 2006, the Chinese government approved ZT Biotech for developing and distributing biopharmaceutical products, especially human vaccines, in China.

With its joint venture partner, which is the largest non-government owned vaccine company, ZT Biotech will focus on the distribution of common vaccines such as influenza, and will introduce more mature, but not yet available biopharmaceutical products into China. ZT Biotech currently distributes flu vaccines throughout major hospitals and clinics in China.

Chairman and CEO of China Biopharma, Inc., Peter Wang, stated, "We now have our completed operation platform in China. Through licensing arrangements with global vaccine providers, China Biopharma plans to bring U.S. FDA- approved new biopharmaceutical products such as therapeutic vaccines into the Chinese marketplace. Our joint venture, ZT Biotech will initially focus on conducting clinical trials and product registration in China to build a pipeline of biological therapies that can help treat people with cancer and other widespread diseases, so that we can begin domestic distribution of advanced vaccine therapies."

About China Biopharma Inc.

China Biopharma Inc. is a fast-growing biopharmaceutical company based in China. Through its operating subsidiaries, the Company develops and distributes human vaccine products throughout the world's most populated country, China. Products include human vaccines against influenza, hemorrhagic fever, and Japanese Encephalitis. Leveraging its investment and ownership of local Chinese biopharmaceutical companies, and partnerships with international vaccine providers, China Biopharma is building a highly-competitive platform for growth in China as well as new markets, including the U.S. and Europe. For more information, visit its website at

Safe Harbor Statement

Some of the statements made in this press release discuss future events and developments, including the Company's future business strategy and its ability to generate revenue, income and cash flow, and should be considered forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These "forward-looking" statements can generally be identified by words such as "expect," "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "intend," "plan," and similar expressions. These statements involve a high degree of risk and uncertainty that exists in the Company's operations and business environment and are subject to change based on various factors that could cause actual Company results, performance, plans, goals and objectives to differ materially from those contemplated or implied in these forward-looking statements. Actual results may be different from anticipated results for a number of reasons, including the Company's new and uncertain

business model, uncertainty regarding acceptance of the Company's products and services and the Company's limited operating history.

CONTACT: At the Company: George Ji China Biopharma, Inc. Tel: +1 (609) 651-8588 ir@chinabiopharma.net Investor Relations: OTC Financial Network Peter Clark Tel: +1 (781) 444-6100x629

China Biopharma, Inc.

CONTACT: George Ji of China Biopharma, Inc., +1-609-651-8588,; or Investor Relations, Peter Clark of OTC FinancialNetwork, +1-781-444-6100x629, or, for China Biopharma, Inc.

Read at

comments powered by Disqus