HOPKINTON, Mass., Sept. 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: CALP), a leading provider of tools and services for life science companies, today announced the availability of the Zephyr NGS Post-PCR Workstation. This new Zephyr platform has been specifically designed and pre-programmed to address post-PCR steps in next generation sequencing (NGS) sample preparation workflows, such as magnetic bead-based purifications, QPCR setup, sample normalization, and sample pooling (multiplexing) protocols.
"Caliper developed the Zephyr NGS Post-PCR Workstation in response to customers' requirements for separating pre-PCR and post-PCR workflows, a key process requirement as NGS moves closer to the clinic," said Kevin Hrusovsky, President and CEO of Caliper Life Sciences. "A significant percentage of our customers are implementing both the Sciclone® NGS Workstation for pre-PCR processes and the Zephyr workstation for post-PCR processes, as well as adopting our analytical and preparative microfluidics NGS platforms. Caliper's presence in the NGS market continues to expand rapidly and our sales backlog is healthy across our NGS product suite."
Caliper has a comprehensive suite of products that enables high quality and optimal throughput sample preparation for both high throughput and table top NGS workflows. The following NGS-related products are now available from Caliper:
- LabChip® GX: analytical microfluidic system for size, purity and concentration determination of DNA or RNA fragments and libraries
- LabChip DS: analytical microfluidic system for total nucleic acid quantification
- LabChip XT: preparative microfluidic system for nucleic acid size selection
- Sciclone NGS Workstation: automation for library preparation for DNA, RNA and exome capture sequencing applications
- Zephyr Molecular Biology Workstation: automation for nucleic acid purification and other lab techniques
- Zephyr NGS Post-PCR Workstation: automation for post-amplification purifications and other NGS workflow steps
For additional information about Caliper's solutions for next generation sequencing, please visit www.caliperls.com/genomics.
About Caliper Life Sciences
Caliper is a premier provider of cutting-edge technologies enabling researchers in the life sciences industry to create life-saving and enhancing medicines and diagnostic tests more quickly and efficiently. Caliper is aggressively innovating new technology to bridge the gap between in vitro assays and in vivo results, enabling researchers to translate those results into cures for human disease. Caliper's portfolio of offerings includes state-of-the-art microfluidics, lab automation & liquid handling, tissue microscopy, preclinical imaging technologies, and discovery & development outsourcing solutions. For more information please visit www.caliperLS.com.
Caliper, LabChip, Zephyr, and Sciclone are registered trademarks of Caliper Life Sciences, Inc.
SOURCE Caliper Life Sciences, Inc.