NATICK, Mass., Oct. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE: BSX) is scheduled to present sponsored research at the 24th Annual Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) scientific symposium, sponsored by the Cardiovascular Research Foundation, which takes place October 22 26 in Miami, Florida. The clinical presentations will provide new insights on Boston Scientific research in coronary and peripheral artery disease, including aortic valve disease and atrial fibrillation.
Schedule of Events
All programs are Eastern Daylight Time, with events held at the Miami Beach Convention Center unless otherwise indicated.
Tuesday, October 23
- Contemporary CTO PCI Symposium: BridgePoint Medical and the Hybrid Approach: Join BridgePoint Medical, Boston Scientific and co-chairs J. Aaron Grantham, M.D., and Craig A. Thompson, M.D., MMSc for breakfast at 6:30 a.m. Presentations that will follow from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. include: Hybrid Aglorithm: U.S. and EU Training/Proctoring Experience; Angiographic Evaluation and Procedural Approach, and two case study presentations followed by discussion and a question and answer session. The event will include expert faculty Dimitri Karmpaliotis, M.D., Simon Walsh, M.D., MRCP, and James Spratt, BSc, M.D., and is scheduled to occur in Room C227-228.
- Two-Year Long Lesion Results from the PLATINUM Trial: Paul S. Teirstein, M.D., will present in poster format two-year outcomes following implantation of 32mm and 38mm PROMUS Element Everolimus-Eluting Platinum Chromium Coronary Stent System. All posters to be presented from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. in Hall D.
- Pre-Clinical Findings to support the SYNERGY Everolimus-Eluting Platinum Chromium Coronary Stent System: The SYNERGY Stent features an ultra-thin everolimus-eluting bioabsorbable polymer coating in which the polymer and drug dissipate by three months. The following presentations will be given in poster format between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. in Hall D:
- Armando Tellez, M.D.: Abluminal Coated Everolimus-Eluting Coronary Stent Provides an Anti-inflammatory Vascular Effect Compared to Bare Metal Stent
- Greg Wilson, M.D.: Porcine Vascular Compatibility and Polymer Safety Study
- REPRISE I: Ian T. Meredith, M.B.B.S., Ph.D., will present results from the feasibility study of the Repositionable Lotus Aortic Valve Replacement: Three-Month Outcomes in 11 Patients at High Surgical Risk. The Lotus Aortic Valve System is the first transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) device of its kind that is designed to minimize aortic regurgitation (leaking) and be both fully repositionable and retrievable prior to release. The study will be presented in Room D240-241 at 12:15 p.m.
- Findings from the "ASA Plavix Registry" (ASAP):Horst Sievert, M.D., Ph.D., will present 14-month data results of the WATCHMAN® Left Atrial Appendage Closure (LAAC) Device in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation and Contraindications to Oral Anticoagulation. Data to be presented at 11:00 a.m. in Room D235-236.
- PROTECT AF: Saibal Kar, M.D., to present a Sub-Analysis of the PROTECT AF Study; evaluating the long term effects of the WATCHMAN LAAC Device versus long term warfarin therapy in patients with atrial fibrillation older than 75 years of age. Data to be presented at 11:15 a.m. in Room D235-236.
- ORION Trial Poster Presentation: Dan Clair, M.D., to present 12-month results on the study of the Epic Vascular Stent System for the treatment of iliac artery disease. Poster to be presented from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. in Hall D.
Wednesday, October 24
- The Future of Stents, TAVR, LAAC and Renal Denervation Symposium: Boston Scientific will host a case-based review of what it calls "technologies that transform tomorrow and products that perform today," co-moderated by Ted Feldman, M.D., and Jeffery Moses M.D., in The Perry South Beach Hotel ballroom, from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The presenters and their topics are:
- Dean Kereiakes, M.D.: Drug-Eluting Stent Advancements
- Ian T. Meredith, M.B.B.S., Ph.D.: Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement
- Maurice Buchbinder, M.D.: Left Atrial Appendage Closure
- Krishna Rocha-Singh, M.D.: Renal Denervation for Resistant Hypertension
The Boston Scientific Technology Showcase will immediately follow from 8:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Conference attendees are invited to view "technologies that transform tomorrow and products that perform today" from Boston Scientific at booth 272 in the main exhibit hall.
The WATCHMAN, SYNERGY and Lotus devices are investigational devices and not available for sale in the United States.
About Boston Scientific
Boston Scientific is a worldwide developer, manufacturer and marketer of medical devices that are used in a broad range of interventional medical specialties. For more information, please visit: www.bostonscientific.com.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Forward-looking statements may be identified by words like "anticipate," "expect," "project," "believe," "plan," "estimate," "intend" and similar words. These forward-looking statements are based on our beliefs, assumptions and estimates using information available to us at the time and are not intended to be guarantees of future events or performance. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements regarding clinical trials and outcomes, our technology, product performance and importance, and competitive offerings. If our underlying assumptions turn out to be incorrect, or if certain risks or uncertainties materialize, actual results could vary materially from the expectations and projections expressed or implied by our forward-looking statements. These factors, in some cases, have affected and in the future (together with other factors) could affect our ability to implement our business strategy and may cause actual results to differ materially from those contemplated by the statements expressed in this press release. As a result, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any of our forward-looking statements.
Factors that may cause such differences include, among other things: future economic, competitive, reimbursement and regulatory conditions; new product introductions; demographic trends; intellectual property; litigation; financial market conditions; and future business decisions made by us and our competitors. All of these factors are difficult or impossible to predict accurately and many of them are beyond our control. For a further list and description of these and other important risks and uncertainties that may affect our future operations, see Part I, Item 1A Risk Factors in our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which we may update in Part II, Item 1A Risk Factors in Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q we have filed or will file hereafter. We disclaim any intention or obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements to reflect any change in our expectations or in events, conditions or circumstances on which those expectations may be based, or that may affect the likelihood that actual results will differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements. This cautionary statement is applicable to all forward-looking statements contained in this document.
SOURCE Boston Scientific Corporation