INDIANAPOLIS, Feb. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BioStorage Technologies, a global provider of comprehensive sample management solutions, biomaterial storage and cold chain logistics for the bioscience industry, will host its Global Sample Management Benchmarking Workshop at Partnerships in Clinical Trials on Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at the Marriott World Center in Orlando, Florida.
The 2-hour workshop will focus on new sample management models and include presentations from industry experts and thought leaders who will provide in-depth perspectives on new trends and strategies in sample management outsourcing. The workshop will provide attendees with information on the latest trends, challenges and opportunities in managing research samples on a global scale. Specific topics that will be discussed:
- How to assess internal and external resources and build a comprehensive approach to managing the lifecycle of sample assets and mitigate risk
- Which sample management model may be best to enhance research efficiencies and speed drugs to market faster
- Strategies for reducing the cost of sample management while maintaining quality
- Examples of how to leverage process and technology to virtually manage scientific sample assets and associated data
"With the advent of molecular and analytical technologies that allow scientists and researchers to exploit tissue, blood and serum samples for data that wasn't imaginable even a decade ago, research samples have become invaluable scientific assets that are the foundation for novel drug discovery and development, and therefore it is of the utmost importance that these materials be handled with extreme care and attention to detail," said Lori Ball, Chief Operating Officer, BioStorage Technologies. "Furthermore, as personalized medicine continues to grow in importance, the value of comprehensively managing research samples has become paramount in supporting the development of new therapies for patients around the world."
The distinguished speaking faculty includes:
- Offsite Management of Research Samples: Generating Research Efficiencies and Cost-Savings
Mary Rose Keller, Vice-President Clinical Operations, Sangart
- Onsite Management of Research Samples: Leveraging Technology to Advance Research
Steve Sweeney, Head of Clinical Technologies, Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Utilizing a Hybrid Sample Management Model: Improving Asset Utilization
Jay Schiestle, Senior Director of Operations, Exact Sciences, Inc.
For more information or to register for this free workshop, visit www.biostorage.com
About BioStorage Technologies, Inc.:
BioStorage Technologies, Inc. is the premier, global provider of comprehensive sample management solutions for the bioscience industry. Offering flexible onsite, offsite and hybrid sample outsourcing models for the management of sample assets, BioStorage Technologies manages the complete life-cycle of samples. With an expert team of global sample consultants, industry-leading temperature-controlled storage facilities, and state-of-the-art virtual technology solutions, the company supports its customers in maximizing opportunities, minimizing risk and reducing costs. BioStorage Technologies, Inc. is privately held and headquartered in Indianapolis with an additional full-service site near Frankfurt, Germany. For more information, visit www.biostorage.com or call +1 (866) 697-2675 or +49-6155-898-1011.
Miller Brooks, Inc.
SOURCE BioStorage Technologies