NEWARK, N.J., April 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- BioNeutral Group, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: BONU), a specialty life science technology-based company, today announced several milestone achievements throughout the first two quarters of its fiscal year ending October 31, 2011.
Among the most notable milestones that BioNeutral has achieved over the past several months include:
- Florida: In advance of Florida's important state approval, the Company yesterday received its first municipal vendor approvals from Miami-Dadehttp://miamidade.gov/wps/portal/Main/home/, Broward (http://www.co.broward.fl.us/Pages/Welcome.aspx) and Palm Beach (http://www.pbcgov.com/) counties. These first municipal approvals will allow the Company to sell directly to the corresponding municipal agencies as well as to compete in the Request For Proposal (RFP) competitive bidding process.
- Contract manufacturing: Local US contract manufacturing has been contracted for covering both the Ygiene® and Ogiene® technology platforms. The initial 1000 gallon shipment of Ogiene® products was recently manufactured and shipped to Kentucky in advance of initial orders. Also, the first official manufacturing run of Ygiene® 206 Hospital Grade disinfectant commenced production this week.
- US/EPA and State Approvals of Ygiene®: On February 28, 2011, BioNeutral announced that it received approval and registration from the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in response to the Company's regulatory application for its Ygiene® 206 high level disinfectant/sterilant. The milestone marked a major step forward for the company, as it represents the validation and addition of a significant new weapon being deployed in the ongoing effort to combat super bugs and hospital acquired infections (HAIs). Ygiene 206 has also recently received individual state approval to be distributed in Kentucky, New Jersey, Tennessee, Vermont and South Carolina to date. The balance of the remaining, not yet approved states, are in various stages of the 50 state application & approval process
- International update: Following EPA approval, the Company has made the determination that at this time the Company's resources are best spent pursuing domestic marketing and distribution opportunities. The high level of investment necessary to achieve meaningful international sales could compromise the company's ability to pursue sales opportunities in its home market and therefore the Company has currently postponed further international efforts. If however international opportunities do arise the Company will assess them on a case by case basis.
- New orders for Ogiene®: The Company also continued to make significant progress for its Ogiene® odor neutralizer and multipurpose cleaning unregulated product line, securing three new trial orders from Indiana-based Oakland City University, Kentucky-based Grayson County Fiscal Court House, and Exceptional Teens and Adults (ETA), which is a structured program providing care and support to teens and adults that have been diagnosed with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
- Global sales and distribution agreement: Over the past quarter, BioNeutral has entered into a global sales and distribution agreement with Raymond Associates LLC, a Service Connected Certified Disabled Veteran-Owned Business and executive management consulting firm. This agreement is focused primarily on the companies Military Grade Ygiene antimicrobial.
- Web presence: The company completed its new web site and launched the highly informative edition a few weeks ago that now can be viewed at www.bioneutralgroup.com.
"We are extremely encouraged by the momentum we have achieved over the past several weeks, following our EPA approval," said Stephen J. Browand, Chairman and CEO of BioNeutral Group, Inc. "As we move into the next half of our fiscal year and beyond, we believe we are well positioned to execute on our vision of bringing BioNeutral's game-changing line of products to businesses and organizations in all sectors of commerce."
About BioNeutral Group, Inc.
Headquartered at the New Jersey Institute of Technology/EDC in Newark, BioNeutral Group, Inc., is a specialty technology-based life science company which has developed a technology platform that neutralizes harmful environmental contaminants, toxins and dangerous micro-organisms including bacteria, viruses, mold, fungi and spores. BioNeutral's products, Ygiene® and Ogiene®, kill germs and clean surfaces with a dramatic increase in speed and power over their rivals in the marketplace. BioNeutral's proprietary platform technology has been proven effective in surface, water and airborne applications. Its antimicrobial line of products under the Ygiene® brand have been approved by the EPA for sale in the United States and has previously been approved for sale in Germany and it is also permitted to be sold in the UK, France and Sweden. AutoNeutral is a Registered trademark of BioNeutral Group, Inc. For more information on BioNeutral, including a listing of company products, leadership and background please visit www.bioneutralgroup.com.
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/BioNeutral-Group/149109938452393
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bioneutralgroup
This release contains certain "forward-looking statements" relating to the business of the Company and its subsidiary companies. These forward-looking statements are often identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "believes," "expects" or similar expressions. Such forward looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to be materially different from those described herein as anticipated, believed, estimated or expected. Investors should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this press release. The company's actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements as a result of a variety of factors, including those described in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. BioNeutral routinely tests its formulations against those of its competitors. The results are published to let shareholders know how the Company's technology compares with known formulations in the market place. Any product claim for antimicrobial activity requires approval from the EPA or FDA, depending upon where and how the formulations are used. The EPA has approved and registered the Company's data and findings specific to Ygiene®-206 BioNeutral's antimicrobial formulations will be marketed under the brand name Ygiene® and will soon be available for sale in the United States.
SOURCE BioNeutral Group, Inc.