Biomet 3i Launches Its New 3i T3 Implant
6/25/2013 1:06:48 PM
Get the latest biotech news where you want it. Sign up for the free GenePool newsletter today!
Palm Beach Gardens, FL – (June 6, 2013) – BIOMET 3i, one of the world’s leading dental implant manufacturers, announced today that it is launching its new 3i T3 Implant.
The 3i T3 Implant is a contemporary hybrid implant with a new multi-surface topography designed to deliver aesthetic results through tissue preservation:
• Coarse Micron Topography: A resorbable media blasting process using calcium phosphate particles provides 10 micron features, which facilitate blood clot retention along the threaded body of the implant1,2.
• Fine Micron Topography: A dual acid-etching process provides a 1-3 micron peak-to-peak surface (OSSEOTITE) that supports platelet activation3,4. This surface overlays the coarse micron topography and is designed to mitigate the risk of peri-implantitis at the coronal aspect of the implant5.
• Sub-Micron Topography: The option exists for a more complex topography with the discrete crystalline deposition of calcium phosphate nanoparticles. This surface treatment has demonstrated increased integration throughout the early healing process, helping to facilitate Bone Bonding*6.
• Integrated Platform Switching: BIOMET 3i Implants with integrated platform switching (3i T3 and PREVAIL Implants) have smaller restorative platforms relative to the total implant platform. This medializes the Implant-Abutment junction inward, helping to maintain bone levels. Studies show that BIOMET 3i Implants with integrated platform switching demonstrated crestal bone loss as low as 0.37mm7.
• Certain Internal Connection and the Gold-Tite Screw: The Certain Internal Connection in conjunction with the Gold-Tite Screw is designed to reduce microleakage through its exacting interface tolerances and maximized clamping forces8. The Gold-Tite Screw design increases the clamping force by 113% versus non-coated screws, maximizing abutment stability. The Gold-Tite Surface lubricates and compresses to provide a tighter fit between implant components9.
For more information, please contact your local BIOMET 3i Sales Representative.
1. Kuzyk PR, Schemitsch EH. The basic science of peri-implant bone healing. Indian J Orthop. 2011 Mar;45(2):108-15.
2. Davies JE†. Understanding Peri-Implant Endosseous Healing. J Dent Educ. 2003 Aug;67(8):932-49.
3. Kikuchi L, Park JY, Victor C, Davies JE†. Platelet interactions with calcium-phosphate-coated surfaces. Biomaterials 2005 Sep;26(26):5285-95.
4. Park JY, Gemmell CH, Davies JE†. Platelet interactions with titanium: modulation of platelet activity by surface topography. Biomaterials 2001
5. Zetterqvist et al. A prospective, multicenter, randomized controlled 5-year study of hybrid and fully etched implants for the incidence of
perimplantitis. J Periodontol April, 2010.
6. Lin A, Wang CJ, Kelly J, Gubbi P††, Nishimura I. The role of titanium implant surface modification with hydroxyapatite nanoparticles in
progressive early bone-implant fixation in vivo. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 2009 Sep–Oct;24(5):808–816.
7. Östman PO†, Wennerberg A, Albrektsson T. Immediate occlusal loading of NanoTite Prevail Implants: A prospective 1-year clinical and
radiographic study. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. 2010 Mar;12(1):39-47.
8. Suttin Z††, Towse R††, Cruz J††. A Novel Method for Assessing Implant-Abutment Connection Seal Robustness. BIOMET 3i, Palm Beach
Gardens, Florida, USA. Poster Presentation, Academy of Osseointegration, 27th Annual Meeting; March 2012; Phoenix, AZ.
9. Byrne D, Jacobs S, O’Connell B, Houston F, Claffey N. Preloads generated with repeated tightening in three types of screws used in dental
implant assemblies. J. Prosthodont.2006 May-Jun;15(3):164-71.
† Aforementioned have financial relationships with BIOMET 3i LLC resulting from speaking engagements, consulting engagements and other
†† Joell Cruz, Prabhu Gubbi, Ph.D., Zach Suttin and Ross Towse conducted this research while employed by BIOMET 3i.
Help employers find you! Check out all the jobs and post your resume.
comments powered by