Aspera Corporation Ships New Releases Across Its Entire Product Line of Fasp High-Speed Transfer Software
7/30/2013 10:12:37 AM
Staying up-to-date has never been simpler. Sign up for the free GenePool newsletter today!
Emeryville—July 30, 2013— Aspera, Inc., creators of next-generation software technologies that move the world’s large data at maximum speed, today announced the release of Enterprise Server, Connect Server, Point-to-Point and Client 3.3, faspex 3.5 and Shares 1.5, Console 2.0 and Aspera Sync 1.4, as well as a new Faspex Mobile Client for Android. These enhancements cross Aspera’s broad portfolio of high-speed data transfer and automation solutions and deliver major new functionality for Aspera’s user community.
fasp 3.3 - universal content transport platform
The latest versions of Enterprise and Connect Server, Point-to-Point and Client software support a breadth of new features for on premise and in cloud deployment.
• Native configuration and connection support for direct transfer to OpenStack Swift and Akamai Net Storage in addition to AWS S3 and Windows Azure BLOB.
• New Multi-tenant Usage Metering Service for Billing in IaaS/SaaS and Cloud Deployments and automatic provisioning capability to boot, configure and brand Aspera server images on AWS and private VMWare environments.
• Ability to split an incoming transfer streams into multiple downstream transfers, transferring the incoming content to multiple Aspera Server endpoints simultaneously as part of a single high-speed transfer stream (CDN ingest and replication).
• Localized versions available in Chinese, Japanese, French and Spanish in addition to English.
NEW: fasp Proxy 1.0 - high-performance proxy designed for fasp speed
• Designed for fasp performance, the fasp Proxy is a high-speed proxy software engine allowing secure and transparent pass-through of fasp transfer sessions across secure DMZs without impeding transfer speeds or compromising the security of the network.
faspex 3.5 and Shares 1.5 – file sharing and collaboration
Faspex 3.5 and Shares1.5, Aspera’s person-to-person and file sharing collaboration and sharing web applications are designed to run on premise or in the cloud while enabling secure sharing of content and metadata from any location with fine-grained access control. The latest releases are the culmination of the separate deployments of these two product platforms and offer new features along with full integration between sharing and package sending and receiving:
• Secure browsing and publishing from remote sources and targets (cloud or on premise storage).
• Aspera Shares are fully integrated with faspex as secure, access controlled receiving and publishing points.
• Single sign-on (SAML) and support for multiple large directories for authentication (multiple Active Directories and LDAPs).
• Automatic provisioning on AWS and VMWare with custom configuration and branding for multi-tenant deployments of web application for IaaS/SaaS offerings.
• Ever expanding support for secure ad-hoc file exchange for media and metadata - site-to-site, person-to-person, ingest, sharing, distribution, exchange, and collaboration across cloud or on-premise, with seamless and secure access and publishing regardless of location.
• Virtually all device types are supported: server, desktop, mobile, email, and browser with easy to use, lightweight client applications including Aspera Connect, Cargo and Microsoft Outlook Clients with the Aspera Add-in.
• The updated faspex mobile app for iOS fully supports metadata and a new faspex app for Google Android devices is now available.
Aspera On Demand – Cloud ingest & delivery at maximum speed
• Adding to its industry-leading support for high-speed transfer to Amazon Web Services S3, Aspera On Demand for Microsoft Windows Azure is now available including full support for Windows Azure BLOB storage, Windows Azure Media Services, and available through the new Windows Azure Store.
• Integrated usage metering for billing, and new auto-provisioning and configuration tools to simplify multi-instance deployments.
• Additional storage endpoints are supported, including direct transfer to OpenStack Swift and enablement for upcoming support by Akamai NetStorage.
Aspera Console 2.0 - Centralized transfer activity management
• A new user interface with many usability improvements such as multi-column sorting, searchable pages, and improved navigation.
• New transfer queuing and management service allows for automatic concurrency management and pre-emptive reordering on transfers.
• A comprehensive RESTful API enabling automation and management of multi-endpoint transfers with prioritization and queuing control and providing aggregated reporting across all managed nodes.
• Real-time reporting has been enhanced with full support for Aspera Sync sessions, and a new md5sum reporting option.
• Improved user administration includes support for Active Directory and LDAP for single sign on, and new event-based audit logging tracks user login and activity.
• Console reporting and management is now fully supported by the latest Apple iTunes Transporter.
Aspera Sync 1.4 – High-performance data synchronization
• Files with the same content at the destination are de-duplicated, saving bandwidth, synchronization time, and disk storage on the target device.
• Monitoring and bandwidth control is now available in Aspera Console (per session and cumulative synchronization stats and progress).
• Platform support has also been expanded – Sync is now available on OS X, Solaris and BSD in addition to Windows and Linux
• Preview of a clusterable and scalable distributed file system watcher for fastest possible capture of file system changes on NAS (NFS, CIFS) deployments, clusters of ingest servers and very large numbers of files.
A major upgrade to the Aspera SDK is available on the Aspera Developer Network (developer.asperasoft.com). Enhancements include new APIs for Faspex, Shares and Console, new authorization APIs for building 3rd party hosted services around Aspera technology, new APIs for interfacing with 3rd party cloud storage and file systems, and new generations of the fasp embeddable clients for desktop and mobile applications. Solutions integrated using the Aspera SDK include Avid, Brightcove (Zencoder ), Central Desktop, Dimetis, EMC/Isilon, EVS, Harmonic, MediaBecon, Sony Media Cloud Services, Telestream, and Vidispine.
For a full summary please visit www.asperasoft.com/springsummer2013-latestversions/
The latest versions are available for download at downloads.asperasoft.com/downloads
USA - Kim Willsher, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, ( 1) 310 569 2603, firstname.lastname@example.org
EMEA - Rebecca Edwards, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry 44 (0)20 74038878, Rebeccae@rlyl.com
Aspera is the creator of next-generation transport technologies that move the world’s data at maximum speed regardless of file size, transfer distance and network conditions. Based on its patented fasp™ protocol, Aspera software fully utilizes existing infrastructures to deliver the fastest, most predictable file-transfer experience. Aspera’s core technology delivers unprecedented control over bandwidth, complete security and uncompromising reliability. More than 2000 organizations across a variety of industries on six continents rely on Aspera software for the business-critical transport of their digital assets.
Please visit www.asperasoft.com and follow us on Twitter @asperasoft for more information.
Help employers find you! Check out all the jobs and post your resume.
comments powered by