Fremont CA – Sept 12, 2012 -- Leveraging our world-class peptide synthesis expertise and antibody production experience, AnaSpec, EGT Group is pleased to offer high quality custom monoclonal antibody services to the research community and pharmaceutical industry. We have the capabilities to raise monoclonal antibodies to difficult antigens, including peptide sequences that contain post-translational modifications.
• Consultation in peptide antigen design
• Peptide antigens with post-translational modifications can be made
• Flexible protocol and schedule based on customer’s needs
• Immunization time frame of four to eight weeks
• Up-to-date report and customer validation following each project step
• Accessible technical support with expertise in antibody production
• Resources and technical proficiency to work with customer on unconventional projects
Our routine production of monoclonal antibodies is comprised of three phases (Phase I – III). Customers only pay for each phase that is successfully completed. Phase IV, large-scale production of monoclonal antibodies, is optional and available as a stand-alone purchase. Details of each phase are shown below.
Phase I: Antigen Preparation and Immunization (~8-9 weeks)
• Design and production of synthetic peptide antigens with or without modifications
• Site-directed conjugation of peptide antigens to carrier proteins (e.g., KLH and BSA) for flexibility in antigen presentation
• Preparation of peptide and protein antigens with adjuvants for immunization
• Initial and boost immunizations of at least four animals
• Serum separation, ELISA testing and customer consultation before proceeding to Phase II
Phase II: Fusion and Selection of Parental Clones (~3 weeks)
• Splenocytes are harvested for cell fusion from mice with the highest titer
• Clones of fused cells are expanded and screened by ELISA.
• Supernatants, from up to ten ELISA-positive parental clones, are shipped to customer for further antibody testing in immunoassays
• The best parental clones (up to three) are chosen for Phase III after customer consultation
Phase III: Subcloning and selection of Single Clones (~3 weeks)
• Parental clones are sub-cloned by limiting dilution to isolate single clones
• Isotype determination of single clones – IgG subtype guaranteed single clones are expanded and screened by ELISA
• Single clones with high specificity (e.g., phospho vs. non-phospho) and antibody titer will be expanded and cryopreserved
• Three hybridomas, and their supernatants, will be shipped to customer
Phase IV: Large-Scale Production of Monoclonal Antibodies (optional) (~3-6weeks)
• In vivo ascites or in vitro Bioreactor antibody production is available
• Purification of monoclonal antibodies by affinity chromatography using Protein G or with the immunizing peptide antigen
• ELISA and SDS-PAGE are done to validate the purity of the antibody
• AnaSpec offers a range of production scales with flexible cost adjustment
In addition to our custom services, AnaSpec, EGT Group offers popular catalog monoclonal antibodies such as the anti-amyloid (1-40) and (1-42) antibodies.
For more information, please visit http://www.anaspec.com/products/promotions.asp?col=1&row=1
AnaSpec, EGT Group
AnaSpec, Eurogentec Group is a leading provider of integrated proteomics and genomics solutionsTM for worldwide life science research. AnaSpec offers expertise in peptides, detection reagents, antibodies, assay kits, amino acids, oligonucleotides, and qPCRs. AnaSpec carries a broad product line of biochemicals and reagents for basic research, high-throughput screening and drug discovery. AnaSpec also provides premier custom services including peptide synthesis, antibody production, assay development, fluorescent dyes, and oligonucleotide synthesis. AnaSpec is certified to ISO 9001:2008.
For more information visit www.anaspec.com