CHICAGO, March 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Developed by Aqueous Pharma Limited and represented by ICAP Ocean Tomo, this patent pending technology discloses an improved formulation for treating eye disease, specifically chronic dry eye. The assets in this portfolio will be auctioned at ICAP Ocean Tomo's Spring 2011 Live IP Auction on March 31, 2011 in New York City.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
- The formulation is an aqueous collyrium (i.e., an eye drop) that contains a proven secretagogue - an undecapeptide called eledoisin. Upon topical application, eledoisin is found to increase both tear secretion rate and tear volume.
- The collyrium comprises an aqueous composition containing phospholipids (e.g. lecithin, dodecyl-phosphocholine, etc.) in a micellar form and eledoisin in an ester form.
- Eledoisin was discovered in the salivary glands of certain Mediterranean species of octopuses and can now be produced synthetically.
- Not only is the therapeutic effect more pronounced but, the composition becomes much more stable with the presence of phospholipid micelles.
- This ophthalmic formulation has a beneficial effect on the damaged epithelial surface of eyes with minimal side effects, such as chemosis (i.e., swelling of surface eye membranes) and hyperemia (i.e., increased blood flow around eye tissues).
This lot should be of interest to pharmaceutical companies, drug manufacturers, and others in the healthcare field.
- The US market for dry eye disease treatment was estimated to be $1.7 billion in 2009 and is expected to be more than $2.4 billion by 2014.(1)
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Dean Becker of ICAP Ocean Tomo at Dean.Becker@us.icap.com
About ICAP Ocean Tomo LLC
ICAP Ocean Tomo is the intellectual property brokerage division of ICAP and the world's premier patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world's premier interdealer broker and provider of post trade services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, foreign exchange, emerging markets, equities and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. ICAP plc was added to the FTSE 100 Index on 30 June 2006. For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Ocean Tomo