Amilpar Incorporation of Shares Issued by Medial Saude SA and Amil Assistencia Medica Internacional S.A.
6/8/2010 10:20:58 AM
RIO DE JANEIRO, June 07/PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The management of Amil Participacoes S.A. ("Amilpar") and Medial Saude S.A. ("Medial"), in accordance with article 157, paragraph 4, of Law 6,404/76 (Brazilian Corporate Law) and CVM Instruction 358/02, and in addition to the Relevant Facts released on April 13 and 30, 2010 and May 3, 2010, informs its shareholders and the market the following:
Incorporation of shares issued by Medial Saude S.A.
1. On June 2, 2010, ended the deadline for holders of Medial common shares to manifest the right of withdrawal due to the incorporation of the totality of Medial shares by Amil Assistencia Medica Internacional S.A. ("Amil Assistencia"), matter of deliberation of the General Meetings of those companies held on April 29, 2010.
2. The refund amount due to the exercise of withdrawal right by Medial shareholders as consequence of the incorporation of the totality of Medial shares by Amil Assistencia totaled R$ 24,270,557.50, corresponding to R$ 17.50 per share. The refund value will be paid to Medial shareholders on June 9, 2010.
3. Amil Assistencia and Medial ratify the resolutions adopted at the General Meetings mentioned in item 1, and therefore will not exercise the power granted by article 137, paragraph 3, of Law 6,404/76.
4. Due to the incorporation of the totality of Medial shares by Amil Assistencia, the last trading day of the Medial shares at the BM&FBOVESPA (trading code MEDI3) will be June 10, 2010.
5. As previously disclosed to the market, Medial shareholders that did not exercise the withdrawal right, will receive for each share issued by Medial, 2.68 common shares issued by Amil Assistencia, a private company controlled by Amilpar, in substitution of their shares issued by Medial, with the consequences described in item 7.
To access the complete Relevant Fact visit our website at www.amilpar.com.br/ir
Amil Participacoes S.A. is the largest managed care organization in Brazil, according to the ANS, currently assisting over 5 million members.