ABBOTT PARK, Ill., June 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Abbott's ZonePerfect brand introduces a new line of nutrition bars, Perfectly Simple. With 10 or fewer ingredients and an excellent source of protein, the bars are free of gluten, preservatives and added coloring.
Perfectly Simple by ZonePerfect is a bar built by consumers. In market research activities, consumers were given more than 50 ingredients and asked to construct their ideal nutrition bar that included 10 grams of protein, flavors they enjoy and limited ingredients. Perfectly Simple is the result.
Perfectly Simple by ZonePerfect is available in Peanut Crunch, Cranberry Almond and Toasted Coconut flavors.
To celebrate the launch, ZonePerfect is sampling the new bars in early July via its web site at zoneperfect.com, while supplies last.
- Perfectly Simple, the newest addition to the ZonePerfect nutrition bar brand, combines a few wholesome ingredients with 10 grams of protein for a nutritious snack.
- Available in Peanut Crunch, Cranberry Almond and Toasted Coconut, Perfectly Simple bars feature 10 or fewer ingredients in each flavor:
- Perfectly Simple Peanut Crunch ingredients include peanut butter (peanuts), invert evaporated cane syrup, soy protein isolate, date paste, rolled oats, and coconut.
- Perfectly Simple Cranberry Almond ingredients include soy protein isolate, apple juice concentrate, sweetened dried cranberries (sugar, dried cranberries, sunflower oil), date paste, roasted almonds (almonds, high oleic sunflower oil), dried pomegranate seeds, and cinnamon powder.
- Perfectly Simple Toasted Coconut ingredients include invert dried cane syrup, date paste, soy protein isolate, toasted coconut, roasted almonds (almonds, high oleic sunflower oil), whey protein isolate, and natural vanilla flavor.
- Perfectly Simple by ZonePerfect is available nationwide in the nutrition aisle at grocery stores and mass merchandisers, and are sold individually, or in packs of five. They can also be ordered online at www.AbbottStore.com.
- Consumers can sample the new bars in early July by checking out the Perfectly Simple promotion on www.ZonePerfect.com, while supplies last.
Commentary on Perfectly Simple by ZonePerfect:
Heather Bauer, RD, CDN; CEO, NuTrain:
"As a nutritionist who coaches everyone from top CEOs to celebrities and fellow moms, I always see the same thing: everyone wants a healthy lifestyle that is sustainable for life. Delicious nutrition is essential for on-the-go consumers. Whether fueling your work day, running to sporting events or playing with your children, Perfectly Simple is a nutritious, gluten-free, protein-packed snack under 200 calories that helps keep you going."
From Tobe Cohen, division vice president and general manager, Performance Nutrition, Abbott Nutrition:
"At ZonePerfect, we are committed to innovation and introducing new flavors each year that meet our consumers' ever-changing needs and taste preferences. This year, we asked consumers to help design the new bars. Given a variety of ingredients, consumers constructed their ideal nutrition bar with 10 grams of protein and flavors they enjoy. The result is Perfectly Simple and they're simply delicious."
The ZonePerfect brand provides balanced nutrition for busy people who do not sacrifice great taste. Full-size ZonePerfect Nutrition Bars are a good source of at least 17-19 essential vitamins and minerals and contain 170-220 calories and 10-15 grams of protein per serving. They are available in 20 flavors that appeal to taste preferences at any time of day. Visit www.zoneperfect.com.
About Abbott Nutrition
For more than 85 years, Abbott Nutrition has been developing and marketing science-based nutritional products to support the growth, health and wellness of people of all ages. Internationally recognized brands include the Similac® brand of infant formulas; the Gain® brand of growing-up milks; the PediaSure® brand of complete and balanced nutrition for children; the Ensure® brand of complete and balanced nutrition for adults; and Glucerna® brand of nutrition shakes and bars for people with diabetes.
Abbott Nutrition also offers EAS® specialized products to meet the unique nutritional needs of athletes, as well as ZonePerfect® nutrition bars for busy, active lifestyles. More information about Abbott Nutrition's products is available on the web at www.AbbottNutrition.com.
Abbott (NYSE: ABT) is a global, broad-based health care company devoted to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceuticals and medical products, including nutritionals, devices and diagnostics. The company employs approximately 91,000 people and markets its products in more than 130 countries.
Abbott's news releases and other information are available on the company's website at www.abbott.com.