VANCOUVER, British Columbia--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 22, 2004--Meridian Co., Ltd. (OTCBB:MRDAF): The Company is excited to implement its plans for the upcoming year, which will include, but not be limited to the following:
- The Company is negotiating the hire of its president for the new subsidiary, Meridian Medical Inc., which will have exclusive licensing and distribution rights for the North American market. This individual has over 25 years of medical and sales experience and brings valuable knowledge and solid industry contacts to the Company.
- The Company has been actively researching and planning its North American marketing campaign since late 2003 and will now be able to effectively launch various advertising strategies.
- There are several high exposure trade shows in 2004 that the Company will attend throughout North America. The Company's Los Angeles office has had great success with trade shows in the past, and it has been the most successful strategy for the parent company in Korea.
- The business of wellness is a billion-dollar industry. The global market for integrative therapies alone stands at US$60 billion a year and is steadily growing.
- The Company's innovative products, continual research and development and the commitment to the globalization and advancement of integrative medicine will contribute to developing a wellness-oriented health care environment. This not only creates a superior company but will ultimately increase the share value for its investors.
Meridian is an established leader in the research, development, manufacturing and sales of integrative medical devices successfully marketed to a wide variety of health care practitioners worldwide. The products have FDA and other recognized regulatory approvals as well as 18 registered patents on its technology. The Company is committed to ongoing clinical research for the globalization and advancement of integrative medical products that contribute to the better health of humanity.
This release contains "forward looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21B of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Any statements that express or involve discussions with respect to predictions, expectations, beliefs, plans, projections, objectives, goals, assumptions or future events or performance are not statements of historical fact and may be "forward looking statements." Forward looking statements are based on expectations, estimates and projections at the time the statements are made that involve a number of risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results or events to differ materially from those presently anticipated.
Meridian Co., Ltd.
Craig Auringer Corporate Communications (604) 647-0044 Website (Korean): www.meridian.co.kr Website (North America): www.meridianmedical.ca