MILLBURN, N.J., Jan. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Defined Health, a leading strategy consultancy to pharma, biotech and healthcare investment executives, announced today that the fourth annual Therapeutic Insight Conference ("TI2004") will take place on May 3 & 4, 2004, at the Hyatt on the Hudson, Jersey City, New Jersey. TI2004 is the premier international forum at which 200+ senior executives in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and healthcare investment industries focus on therapeutic franchise growth strategies.
Confirmed speakers include the following:
* Karen Bernstein, PhD, Chairman and Editor-in-Chief, BioCentury
* Bruce Cooper, MD, Vice President, US New Products Commercialization,
Global Marketing & Medical, Aventis Pharmaceuticals
* Gary C. Cupit, PharmD, Vice President Global Business Development &
Licensing, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp.
* Lode Debrabandere, PhD, VP Global Marketing Exploratory Development,
Neuroscience/Virology Bristol-Myers Squibb Company World Wide Medicines
* Frederick Frank, Vice Chairman and Director, Lehman Brothers
* David C. Heimbrook, PhD, Vice President, Oncology & Global Therapeutic
Area Head Oncology, Hoffmann-La Roche Inc.
* John Houghton, Head, Respiratory & Inflammation, US New Products
Commercialization, Aventis Pharmaceuticals
* Paul Jeffrey, Senior Director/Group Leader, New Product Development,
* Fredrik Lonnqvist, MD, PhD, Medical Director and VP Clinical Science,
* Clive A. Meanwell, MD, Executive Chairman, The Medicines Company
* Russell M. Medford, MD, PhD, Scientific Co-Founder, President & CEO,
* Roger S. Newton, PhD, President and CEO, Esperion Therapeutics J
* Jose M. Ordovas, Ph.D., Professor, Nutrition & Genetics, Tufts
University, Nutrition & Genomics Laboratory, Jean Mayer USDA Human
Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University
* Paolo Paoletti, MD, VP Oncology, Eli Lilly & Co.
* Jeffrey Ross, MD, Chairman of the Department of Pathology at Albany
Medical College and a Scientific Fellow at Millennium
* Bruce J. Seeley, Head New Products & Licensing GM&M Oncology, Aventis
* Carl J. Seiden, Managing Director, JPMorgan Chase
* Nigel Sheail, Vice President, Acquisitions & Strategic Alliances,
Hoffmann-La Roche AG
* Mary C. Tanner, Senior Managing Director, Bear Stearns & Co.
* Daniel R. Weinberger, MD, Director: Genes, Cognition and Psychosis
Program, Bethesda, MD
* Jerry Wisler, VP Cardiovascular, Novartis
The two-day event is organized around a series of plenary sessions featuring "big picture" issues, as well as therapeutic category breakout panels. Plenary sessions will look at remodeling within the pharmaceutical, biotech, specialty pharma, generic and healthcare investment sectors, and the impact of the actions of the various sectors across the complex as a whole. What, for example, will be the ramifications for biotech and specialty pharma as big pharma realigns its sights into specialty areas? Where are the imbalances within the complex that create opportunities or may drive structural changes between and within the various sectors? Breakout sessions will examine considerations for building sustainable franchises in Cardiovascular/Metabolics, Oncology and CNS, as well as discussions of franchise-related issues for Inflammation discovery and development programs.
Conference administration for TI2004 is provided by Communitech Market Intelligence. To register, or for more information, please contact Communitech (914) 245-7764, cmius.com, or Defined Health (973) 921-2850, definedhealth.com.
About Defined Health
Founded 20 years ago, Defined Health (definedhealth.com) is a leading biopharmaceutical business development strategy consulting firm whose clients include big pharma, emerging and specialty pharma, biotech, and healthcare investment companies. Defined Health's consultants hold advanced degrees in science, medicine and business, and have industry experience in commercial evaluation, licensing, business development, finance, drug discovery and development. Defined Health's clients include half of the world's top 20 pharmaceutical companies.
Ginny E. Llobell